View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 06:26 PM   #46
Devon Smith
Dojo: Hakkoryu Kenshinkan Dojo
United_States
Re: How does Aikido compare to Aiki-Jujutsu?

Quote:
Ewen Ebsworth wrote: View Post
This is most insightful and thank you for your honesty. As a practitioner of Dentokan Aiki-Jujutsu, which has close links to and roots in Hakkoryu I found this explanation of the methodology and rationale of the Hakkoryu curriculum of great usefulness. I am also encouraged to hear that there is still a wealth of martial and aiki knowledge and skills to learn past Yondan. As a Dentokan AJJ practitioner I want to continue for as long as I can in my study of Aiki-Jujutsu and pray that I may one day be able to reflect upon 33 years experience.
Ewen,

I'm sorry for the late reply.

You're very welcome, I'm happy to have offered some insight into things here if it's of use.

Please understand though that my comments only reflect my own experience. I don't have any experience with Dentokan other than having enjoyed some great correspondence with Mr. Hobbs in the past; we share some background including the late Shogo Kuniba.

I don't know how the Dentokan teachings compare to the Hakkoryu curriculum, so you may or may not receive the same input and/or experience I have.

Devon