View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 03:45 PM   #3
Marc Abrams
Dojo: Aikido Arts of Shin Budo Kai/ Bedford Hills, New York
United_States
Re: 049) The Triangle- The Human Body: Week of 8/16/2009

Quote:
Russell Davis wrote: View Post
Please Forgive my intrusion, just read your item and my first thoughts were just how similar boxers use triangles. Looking forward to reading more of your articles.
Russell:

I do not consider you comment an intrusion at all. As a matter of fact, I welcome all comments. The blog is a way of my thinking my way through what I am learning and teaching. People's comments only help me out (negative, positive and neutral).

It is not surprising that boxers utilize the geometry of a triangle. Changing the type of triangle can greatly alter what the body can do as far as receiving, neutralizing and giving force. A perfect example (which I illustrated in my noontime class today) was how a right angle triangle is an excellent way to send a lot of force through a strong connection line. The other side of that, is that the line connecting the two right angles, is where the weak place is when force is delivered to you. That is typically why the boxer is suppose to move after throwing a punch so as to not be in a place where a strike to a weak spot can occur. Think of how many times a boxer is knocked out when a counter-punch is delivered to the boxer throwing a punch along a strong line of power.

Regards,

Marc Abrams