View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 06:56 PM   #7
lbb
United_States
Re: measuring sucess

Quote:
Hugh Beyer wrote: View Post
LOL. My son has worked as a liftie, and while he hasn't come home with quite that story I sure recognize the situation.
Heh, I'll bet you do! And as irritating as the situation is when you're in it, I would not trade the lessons it has taught me for anything.

Quote:
Me, I alternate between being Superman and being the klutz who can't do anything right. I've gotten to the point where I look forward to the klutz phase, because then at least you know what you're supposed to be working on. When you're Superman, it's easy to get lost.
Yeah...maybe because we expect it to continue, or we want it to be our normal state? It's natural enough to desire to be at the summit, but to be at peace with the valley and the long slog up...that's ultimately what gets us through.

My biggest success in aikido -- and I don't expect this to ever change, no matter how long I train -- was to be the person who kept trying.

Quote:
Today's posting brought ot you by Sam Adams Double Bock. Not responsible for the contents.
This evening's posting brought to you by Berkshire Brewing Company Steel Rail Pail Ale. Not responsible for anything!