View Single Post
Old 09-26-2014, 05:16 PM   #19
HL1978
Dojo: Aunkai
United_States
Re: Internal Strength Definitions

Quote:
Cliff Judge wrote: View Post
Next thing you know, Hunter, you are going to find out that your certified organic peas and carrots were actually raised next to a farm that uses Roundoff.
Well, I don't recall ever saying that usage of the hips was internal nor that opening and closing was internal. I think Dan's comments seem to agree with my points about that. I pretty explicitily say that what initiates and conveys the movement is what is internal, but left out how to actually do that.

The fact that people are so interested in the hips is kind of telling (ignoring the internal parts), but I guess it is a point of commonality.

All I did was give some very basic internal definitions that people from various traditions should be able to talk about (there are varying levels of internal "purity"). This wasn't meant as a how to (I don't mind moving in that direction though), nor was any tanden driven movement mentioned. I think what differed a bit from prior discussions is that I provided some short info of what it feels like within yourself or what it feels like to a partner.

I can address the specific points raised in a bit.

Last edited by HL1978 : 09-26-2014 at 05:19 PM.