View Single Post
Old 02-18-2008, 08:14 AM   #87
Ecosamurai

Dojo: Takagashira Dojo
United Kingdom
Re: Workshop with Mike Sigman on Ki in Aikido

Quote:
Mike Sigman wrote: View Post
Or do them at some ho-hum level. Don't forget that you've also spent a fair amount of time disparaging others, on top of giving an impression of what you can do. There's no free pass on that.
Actually, I've only ever said that I agree with much of what you have said, I've never doubted your ability. I've described what I can do at times as its been appropriate to the discussion to do so. I've never boasted or bragged about my level of skill in these things. If I've been disparaging its only ever been about the enourmous ego it takes to go and tell someone from another art that they're doing their art wrong. I'd not go to a Tai Chi or Bagua or BJJ website and behave the way you and others have. But, like I said, you have your reasons and they're not all bad ones either.

Quote:
Mike Sigman wrote: View Post
Undoubtedly there are differences. My thought is that by telling people (and showing them) the core skills, it's fairly easy to custom-build the content of any good taiso with kokyu and ki content. Probably within the next 6 months or so, you'll see more and more Aikidoists posting who are moving ahead with these things and who can probably post with a fresher perspective than I've got. These are interesting times to watch.
So, in other words, no you're not going to give a detailed answer? Well, that's a shame really I'd have been interested to hear your thoughts.

Regards

Mike

"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."
-Martin Luther King Jr