Old 07-21-2011, 12:44 PM   #96
graham christian
Dojo: golden center aikido-highgate
England
Re: Moving with your center

Quote:
Marc Abrams wrote: View Post
Graham:

Opinions are like rear-ends and everyone has one..... Hey, in your world, everything is good and high level. Your videos speak volumes.

Once again, you have an opportunity to invite a guest to your dojo who will be in your town in the near future. Master level martial artists on down to rank beginners seem to agree that Dan Harden not only knows what he is talking about, can teach it, is a very nice guy and is a good judge of what people can really do (as opposed to their opinions). You think that you know what you know, why don't you let a good judge evaluate you and get back to all of us. You can talk the talk, your videos, to me and a lot of people senior to me, do not show convey to us that you can walk the talk. Since talk is cheap on the internet, it's time for you to step up to the plate and show somebody who can talk the talk and walk the talk, that you can do what you claim that you can do.

What you call arrogance, to me is a degree of respect that people develop with each other based upon the real world, not the world of talk. That is why I have an open-door policy at my dojo, based upon my willingness to always step up to the proverbial plate. That is why I went out of my way to meet and train under him for the first time. That experience let me to invite Dan to teach at my dojo every couple of months. Easy for you since he will be in your town, all you have to do is send him an invite. He's a gentleman so you would not have to worry about him trying to intentionally harm you. He is such a gentleman, if you ask nicely, I'm sure that he'll let you take him out for a spin. I would be fascinated to hear about how you corrected his misunderstandings about you.

Marc Abrams
Marc.
Yes, I talk the talk. This is a forum for doing such.

Did I assign failure to Dan? Saying so is not the mark of a gentleman.

[/quote] " I would be fascinated to hear about how you corrected his misunderstandings about you.[quote] Mmmm. Neither is that.

Talk can be cheap, it can be very valuable. Videos? Now there's a topic, we won't go there.

How do you get from a discussion on centre and views on Toheis Aikido to this?

G.