View Single Post
Old 10-13-2010, 09:01 AM   #33
Chris Evans
United_States
Yann Golanski's

Quote:
Yann Golanski wrote: View Post
The main goal of self defense is to come out of the encounter with as little damage to yourself as possible. At least, that's how I understand it.

Whatever you do, always look at the long/mid term. While supervisors can be arseholes, they can make your life very difficult indeed. Just note down the encounter, time and reasons, in a book. If/when you decide to take action against said co-worker, then that will come in handy to prove that it's not a one off. If it is one offs, just let it slid.

If you are mathematically inclined, have a look at game theory. It's the mathematical model of conflicts and very interesting... Then again, that's my job so really I would say that!

And of course, there is nothing more annoying than someone who is polite, smiling and cheerful even in the face of arseholes. Hey, everyone sees you as the good guy and them as the bad guy whatever the background.

Of course, taking steam off is necessary: just train hard. Not talking, just do techniques till sweat drips out of you like a waterfall! Go to more classes and continue to train hard. It'll help. Of course, train hard and safe.

Best of luck.
that's good stuff.

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."