View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 09:30 AM   #140
George S. Ledyard

Dojo: Aikido Eastside
Re: Aikido training - Why are you searching for internal strength?

Quote:
David Orange wrote: View Post
And I think that's because in person, all the reality filters have to drop and everyone has to deal with pure reality. Intellectual arguments just have to stop when they're physically and immediately shown to be nonsense. And then we can all have an great time together, making real and serious improvements in our lives and our shared art.

I remember, man, I hated Rob John on the internet. But he was very nice in person, very calm and intellectually sharp. And his technique was the kind of thing that would have inspired the old-time guys to call "divine."

Best to you.

David
I long ago gave up expecting to find decent social skills amongst a group of eccentric martial arts geniuses. Folks who take their skills to such a level have usually done so by being fanatic about their training. Being fanatic about anything is not the road to personal balance and geniuses have historically been terribly difficult people in many ways. All of the folks posting here are far, far more enjoyable when a) they aren't talking to each other and b) you can work with them in person. The internet and written communication does NOT bring out the best in these folks, and their best friends would be the first to admit that, I think.

George S. Ledyard
Aikido Eastside
Bellevue, WA
Aikido Eastside
AikidoDvds.Com