Thread: Schisms....
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2002, 05:40 PM   #9
"Unregistered"
IP Hash: 227dfbae
Anonymous User
"For the record; nobody who chose to leave and follow shinjinkai has been threatened. They were warned about their possible future recognition with Hombu Dojo if they were to associate with this person that has been stripped of their rank at Hombu."

I am posting anonymously because I am member of AAA and for the record, we have been threatened that if we have any contact with the Shinshinkai group, we'll be kicked out of AAA.

In my own case, I've just taken a Dan test and know that if I'm under any suspicion, I'll never get my certificate.

AAA's original announcement about Moore Sensei leaving said that he resigned to pursue his life's goals and that they wished him well. Later, he opened a dojo within a few miles of AAA, and the Zen group here moved to that location. The general trend has been that as time has gone by and some students have left to train there, that statements from AAA have become stronger and accusations are becoming more common. The understanding that most of us have is just that Moore Sensei left and is doing his own thing and AAA may not like it because they are losing some people. The worst part is that every time there is an accusation by AAA or they try to clamp down on students, they are actually alienating the students more.

I would like to have the freedom to train in AAA but to train with Moore Sensei from time to time because I respect him as a teacher. I don't see how my membership in AAA should be called into question because of that.

Finally, about Moore Sensei's status with Hombu dojo or his rank, students I know who are involved with his group have told me that there has been no confirmation regarding AAA's claims from Hombu dojo. So it remains to be seen what the story is about that one. From the sounds of it, they don't seem too concerned with the issue.

I plan to stay with AAA but I sincerely hope that the focus can return to training, instead of reacting against another organization or individual.