View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 05:37 PM   #247
DH
United_States
Re: "The goal is not to throw"

I wish you well Graham. You seem like a decent guy. Everyone should be free to explore and enjoy their practice.

My position is not singular to you even though several want to try and make it so. It's not even my position. It was created here on Aikiweb and Ebudo.
For both clarity and a non-partisan review it calls for anyone (this includes a laundry list of some heavy hitters) who claims to understand what Ueshiba was saying or even just aiki, should -by the very nature of that understanding- possess unusual power and skill.
It will save everyone needless time and energy in reading and sifting through if that power and skill is vetted by people in the Budo community. If upon examination, these people are no different than your average Tom, Dick, and Mary sandan next door..it saves many people some traveling time.

This is beneficial to everyone, is not prejudicial to any one person and should be welcomed. It was what Budo people did for generations, now brought to the internet age. As a process; it is in place with everything from your car mechanic to your local contractor. Though in budo, it appears only a certain type routinely object.
Dan