View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 08:17 AM   #49
salim
United_States
Re: YouTube: Aikido in a real street fight.

Quote:
Isaac Bettis wrote: View Post
Salim, I take issue with your use of the word 'right' here. Cops have a job, with a job comes resposibilites. Sometimes the police have a responsibility to use deadly force, but they don't have a right to it. They get paid to "serve & protect" the citizenry (I put that in quotes because I rarely see the police serving or protecting anybody, although it does happen). It is an important distinction. If one has a right it is a moral entitlement (right to life, right to libery, etc.). A cop does not have a moral entitlement to 'kill people', although he does have a right to defend himself which may envolve killing folks, and a responsibility to the state (or whatever jurisdiction he works for) to protect the citizenry.

speaking of cop videos I always thought this was a good example of one. Nobody gets hurt and the 'anarchist' achives his goal. I have heard reports that it was staged by the police to give justification for what they ended up doing at the RNC. The police have done that before, at least in Canada.

Later,
Bettis
I agree with you in theory. But the reality is judges and courts protect the irresponsible killings from police. That's why I said, they have the right. The legal system is setup to allow them to kill you when they fill they should. Sure some are found guilty and are charged. But the overwhelming majority go unpunished.

Until the local governments take away the power of the police enforcement agencies in America (meaning severe control of the use of deadly force), we will continue to see killings from police that are unjustifiable.

Take heed and obey the orders that the police give you. Otherwise suffer the consequences. That's what happen to the guy in the video (he was asked three times to remove his hand from his pocket), he failed to obey orders. He could have been killed. Don't play stupid or a badass with the police, they can kill you.

Last edited by salim : 11-19-2008 at 08:30 AM.