Old 06-28-2012, 10:57 AM   #339
Chris Parkerson
Dojo: Academy of the Martial Arts
United_States
Re: My Spiritual Aikido.

Quote:
Gary Welborn wrote: View Post
Chris
If we are to find common ground we need to understand each other starting with what is the easiest to get to....".....how do you train your body to work as part of the whole?.....what kind of practices do you do to effect the body's functioning to do these things? How do you condition your body? Spirit and mind can be strong...weak body means nothing good happens. And you know that John has drills to help with this, that is what Dan is talking about at this stage is the body work, and that others are out there offering their approaches.

Graham likely has drills, solo training and partner training....other than just waza... to effect the conditioning... that is what I am asking.

Gary
I know that is your goal Gary, But the process does raise a few questions:

1. How many times would you go fishing when you are not catching any fish?

2. Does the act actually draw out, like mary metioned, the less-than honorable remarks from the larger circle as they begin to prey upon the weaknesses that are exposed.

3. I also wonder how the rest of the public interprets this stuff. After all, here are various Aikido leadership folks writing on a forum that is in public view.

4. Finally, I am listening to the dogs that didn't bark. Many Aikido leaders who are reading participants of this forum have chosen not to add flame to this pyre. Why?

Be Well,

Chris

Just some thoughts,

Chris