Thread: Ikkyo pin
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 03:39 AM   #42
George S. Ledyard

Dojo: Aikido Eastside
Re: Ikkyo pin

Quote:
Michael Gelum wrote: View Post
Just curious George, no pun intended, when did you ever have to concern yourself directly with the issue of excessive force, other than theory?
Well, actually Michael, I was a Washington State Defensive Tactics Master Instructor for about ten years. I taught Defensive Tactics to various Police Departments as well as corrections and security folks. I taught Defensive Tactics, which included Use of Force at our local community college in their Administration of Criminal Justice Dept. I taught an ultra low level force restraint programs to local school personnel as well as juvenile corrections personnel. I did Executive Protection training for a couple of years for one of the big corporations here. My partner and I were contracted to consult on one company's Use of Force Policy. I also did DT training for club security personnel.

All training needed to have the Use of Force and Continuum of Resistance as part of the program. It wasn't just "theoretical" since if someone I had taught ran into legal issues over excessive force I could have been included in whatever law suit might have resulted.

George S. Ledyard
Aikido Eastside
Bellevue, WA
Aikido Eastside
AikidoDvds.Com