View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 02:40 PM   #29
SparkErosion
Dojo: 6th Kyu (yellow belt) rank/ Five Rings Aikido/ Seidokan hybrid style
United_States
Re: Please help - got injured badly in aikido 2 days ago.worried I can't do aikido fu

Good news. Went to the orthopedic surgeon today. I did have a shoulder seperation, however, the bump might go down but won't ever go away. Most of the problem was due to a lot of inflammation, including in the muscles. This is also where most of the pain is coming from he said. He gave me a inflammation med, a pain med too. He said I don't need physical therapy. Indeed, before I noticed it was healing, I had more mobility in my arm/shoulder over the last week, I could tell. He said I'd heal completely most likely in only 4 weeks, and if no pain and swelling can continue my aikido with no issues. I was lucky, no surgery needed, it'll heal on its own. I'm still probably , if I'm completely healed in 4 weeks, going postpone my aikido another 1-2 weeks to be safe. I can already feel a difference in the inflammation meds working, less pain (he and the pharmacist that was the main cause of the pain and it would reduce the swelling and pain), and more mobility in the arm. In one week he told me to remove the sling, as it'd eventually make my arm and shoulder more stiff, and start moving the hand and arm downward to improve mobility and movement. He said absolutely not to do this overhead (I know from experience this hurts really really bad from removing my tshirt for showers. I'm trying to find a different way to do it. ) I'm seeing him again in 2 weeks to see if the meds and any improvement , less swelling in muscles on my left affected shoulder, etc. I'm pretty happy it went so well and I can return eventually to aikido. I'm happy. I can feel the improvements in only the last week. Amazing how the body heals itself. Thanks guys for the support , again. Kevin.

Last edited by SparkErosion : 10-18-2012 at 02:42 PM.