View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 12:35 PM   #4
JW

Re: Restart on Jin/kokyu and "Spiraling"

And now my reply to the blog post itself. I like this presentation of "ki of earth" and how it is used in the body. But, Mike, isn't this a new interpretation of the terminology?
We got into this a bit on another thread:
Here I tried to point out why I feel like your current explanation is different from what you used to say. If you've changed your point of view, that's fine with me. I don't think it invalidates anything you did before or anything. I think it just means you are changing your mental framework. One can change frame of reference without that being a reflection on the expression of the subject matter itself. I hope you see it that way too.

To sum up, the body should be used to channel the "universal" forces (meaning they don't come from our volition, but from the universe's own apparent volition) of weight and grf into its movements. Internal pressure from the breath can be used to do this. If that sentence is correct, then that internal correctness is a separate point from whether or not I assign grf to "earth" and weight to "heaven" as you did on the judoforum post or if I call both of the m "earth" as you have in the above blog post. In other words how I describe what I do in my own words carries weight and is important, even if how I register my concepts to the "classics" is also an important, separate point.