View Single Post
Old 05-02-2006, 01:43 PM   #85
Mike Sigman
United_States
Re: Any instructors here ever challenged?

Quote:
Jason DeLucia wrote:
To ignore the effect of mental perception through the ether ,kami ,esp or otherwise is not wise because it exists and is usually the defining point of combat .yes you can master ki concepts in a sterile environment but without attention to the spirit of the thing itself you will be like so many policemen who are marksmen but got killed with their own guns .their attention and connection to their gut feelings was maybe lacking .
No offense, Jason, but those statements tell me nothing but vague assertions of your opinions. And I can think of counter-examples without even trying, so I'll politely say "pass".
Quote:
but in your explanation of vector you seem to advocate use of "mind without movement" an ethereal state which to me is a magical state because it starts with mind alone ,which constitutes mystical .
Nope, there's nothing ethereal about it. Simple physiological skill that can be developed more extensively than most people realize.
Quote:
like at present we can calculate the momentum of a particle or its position but not both at the same time .i would not cast aspersions on a physicist's view that lead him to a conclusion if it worked to get him there
I have no idea why Heisenberg's uncertainty principle would be invoked in an Aikido discussion, other than as techno-babble. One should note that Heisenberg's uncertainty principle does not say "everything is uncertain." Rather, it tells us very exactly where the limits of uncertainty lie when we make measurements of sub-atomic events.

Regards,

Mike Sigman