View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 10:36 AM   #28
Aikibu
Dojo: West Wind Dojo Santa Monica California
United_States
Re: Pain and control in Daito Ryu Aikijujutsu

Quote:
Kevin Leavitt wrote: View Post
William, I guarantee they are out there in So Cal...you just don't know where to find them! They are everywhere my friend!

The problem is if you go to their seminar you really are agreeing to play by their rules implicitly, so IMO, it becomes difficult and a little wrong to go in with an agenda to screw with them.

I think the best thing to do is either go, be polite and train with an open mind...or don't go at all.

I haven't been to a seminar yet that I either don't agree with everything they are doing, or I don't understand completely. However I am pretty good about the seminars I do go to, so I usually get alot out of going!

That said, based on the Youtube vids shown here...not to bad mouth anyone, but I have not felt compelled to seek any of these guys out based on the vids.
Not my experience Kevin. I have been to allot of Seminars and I always show respect However...If the Sensei is a fraud or full of him/herself Both of us will know the second we step on the mat...

We invite everyone to come to Kenji Yoshida's Seminars and get a good mix of other Arts....

I remember the year before last there was a nice older Chinese Lady who came with her daughter to watch the Seminar...She watched her grandchild while her daughter practiced...On Sunday as we were wrapping it up she mentioned she was a long time practitioner of both Bau Gua (Spelling?) and Chi Quong. Yoshida Sensei politely asked her to share a little bit of what she knew...
In a phrase... she blew our minds with her little Demo... Her power and execution were awe inspiring

Just goes to show you that you never know who is truly watching.

Frauds do not last long out here in SoCali. Not with guys like Gene Lebell The Gracies Bas Ruttan and hundreds of other legit serious Martial Artists and their students...

With the advent of You Tube hopefully they won't last long anywhere else either.

William Hazen