View Single Post
Old 03-10-2006, 03:35 PM   #17
Adam Alexander
Dojo: none currently
United_States
Re: Fight

Quote:
Zachary Sarver wrote:
Well Mr. Rochefort, I must say that you have made alot of sense. Even though I don't agree with some of the things you have said, I can't fail to see the sense in alot of what you said. I guess you could say that you have brought me back to reality and out of the clouds of my idealistic world. I was "fortunate" enough to get kicked in the face and a broken nose when I was younger, so getting hit in the face has never really scared me since then, cause it made me learn to get out of the way.
Yeah, I used to be very idealistic. How's that go? "A cynic is an idealist who's been betrayed?"

I was just looking to bring attention to the generalization of "violence never solving anything" and that genre of beliefs. Take a close look at the people who perpetuate those ideals. The more I read and experience, the more I'm convinced they don't know what they're talking about.

Even from a Christian and Aikido framework, there's nothing about being passive, in that respect, as I understand it. Shifflet, in "Aikido Exercises" makes a point of that.

LOL. I like that getting kicked in the face one.

I've never been kicked in the face...I watched someone on the ground take one by a guy with boots on. The guy on the ground didn't even have anything over his face to reduce the damage--no arms or hands...Just an all out kick to the face.

Since then, I consider that it must be an unpleasant experience which I should strive to avoid...I don't know, it must be the spitting blood and teeth onto the ground that doesn't appeal to me.