View Single Post
Old 04-01-2007, 05:14 PM   #81
ChrisHein

Dojo: Aikido of Fresno
United_States
Re: Ki-Aikido or Taiji - effectiveness in developing Qi?

Quote:
Dan Harden wrote: View Post
Chris please stay on point.
You brought up the point that I should train with some people who "You should go meet someone who instead of saying they got it-actually does."

All I am asking is who have you trained under that "actually does".

I'm willing to go so far as to say you spontaneously came up with some spectacular stuff, but then we haven't seen you do anything. Or should I say the vast majority of us haven't seen you do anything. I know there is lots hearsay, about this fellow or that who has seen you, but I don't know any of these people, neither does any one else.

Even your greatest proponent Mike Sigman hasn't met you. At least Mike as written some books, and been editor on this or that thing. When I ask other internal martial artists who Mike is, they know. But you, no one seems to know who you are.

I'm staying on point Dan, the point you brought up.

Quote:
Dan Harden wrote: View Post
Arguing your natural movement idea -that Baseball and tennis is just as good a vehicle for learning internal skills as CMA or JMA. I wonder why anyone would take up martial arts?
Many people take up martial arts to learn to protect themselves. For historical reasons. For social activity. There are lots of reasons other then "chi/ki/Qi" development.[/quote]

[/quote]Why athletes don't do so well in them?
a. Is it because internal skills don't matter that much?
b. Is it because technique rule the day?
What do you think?[/quote]

Most good athletes I've met do very well in the martial arts.

Also you STILL haven't answerd Hafts questions.

Last edited by ChrisHein : 04-01-2007 at 05:16 PM.