View Single Post
Old 07-28-2005, 12:04 PM   #107
Jorge Garcia
Dojo: Shudokan School of Aikido
Re: ?? Exaggeration in Aikido ??

Quote:
Jean de Rochefort wrote:
Just a note: I made a lot of assertions about the potential of Aikido. Rather than respond directly to them, I think I received a bunch of personal attacks and/or malicious responses and responses that didn't really answer the questions I posed.

It's funny because, although I may exaggerate the potential of Aikido (which, if you read from the beginning, all I've ever said about it was that it's a "framework"), you folks have failed to give the least reason for someone not to recognize it as the framework.

Of the questions I didn't answer: They were irrelevant to the conversation.

Aikido still offers a defense for all offense--bigger, smaller and multiple.
Jean,
When I made this statement, I felt I was in essence agreeing with your basic premise.

"Secondly, what is aikido's potential? That potential in terms of self defense is limitless. I don't think aikido takes a back seat to any other art."

In other words, I don't feel any other martial art will help me any more that with what I have with Aikido. Essentially, if I was a good enough Aikidoist, I believe that Aikido (in its ultimate form) has all that is needed for self defense against anything.
Best,

"It is the philosophy that gives meaning to the method of training."