Thread: Voter Meltdown
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2004, 12:58 PM   #5
Neil Mick
Dojo: Aikido of Santa Cruz
Re: Voter Meltdown

Quote:
Sean Orchard wrote:
You didn't mention Amendment 36 in Colorado.
(And the potential for a lot of legal wrangling if those 9 votes are enough to tip the electoral college one way or the other.)
Interesting: thanks for the tip, Sean.

What Colorado's Amendment 36 means for America...

Quote:
The most important issue on the ballot in our state is Amendment 36, which would change our electoral voting from "winner takes all" to a proportional voting system.

But I haven't told you the best part yet. If it were passed, Amendment 36 would go into effect IMMEDIATELY. Like ON THIS ELECTION. See, we get nine electoral votes. If George Bush got 51% of the vote (and despite how close the polls are, this is the most likely scenario for our traditionally red state) and Amendment 36 passes, he would only get five electoral votes instead of the whole kielbasa.
Quote:
I was listening to a news report on the radio about the shenanigans in Florida and Ohio the other day, and there was a (not entirely serious) suggestion that UN inspectors need to be sent in to oversee the election.

Sean
x
Not to mention, of course: Jimmy Carter's warning that he doubts that Florida can actually HAVE a fair election, at this time. And actually, I have heard that int'l election observers WERE called in, but the suggestion was turned down, by the gov't.

Anyone else heard of any election stories? Post them here.