View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 06:56 AM   #55
phitruong
Dojo: Charlotte Aikikai Agatsu Dojo
United_States
Re: Benefits of the Aikikai

Quote:
Jørgen Jakob Friis wrote: View Post
And to all of you that - discretely - claims that US probably have far more and far better aikido instructors than any other place in the world: Guess what.. It might be so, but until you have proof thereof please get down from the high horse and pull in the same direction as everybody else. Being part of something big is not necessarily a bad thing, You might enjoy it if you embrace it.

JJ
i don't think we ever claimed that the US is the center of the aikido world, or we are better or even hint at that. what we do is that annoying habit of questioning everything, including the authority, which usually doesn't go well with asian culture, since they have been, for generations, conditioned to obey authority; much easier to rule folks that way. also, the US folks sort of enjoy the whole nail sticking out instead of staying down. personally, i still am waiting for the aikikai t-shirt that said "i paid hundreds of dollars and this is the t-shirt i got". i have been waiting for years now. must be really slow postal service. meanwhile, i will go down the local starbuck and get me a latte with my discount card which i earned. wonder if i show them my yudansha cert, i would get more discount... probably not, but who know, i might impress the ladies.

"budo is putting on cold, wet, sweat stained gi with a smile and a snarl" - your truly
http://charlotteaikikai.org