View Single Post
Old 01-13-2002, 01:08 PM   #1
Jappzz

Ai symbol

Hi yall!

I would be utterly greatfull if i could get as much info as possible in class even if it concerned jukendo, aikibo or kotodama etc. I understand that we can't incorporate all esoteric ways of teaching o-sensei used but today most of this isn't even reflected over by most. Isn't the width and the great number of sources of inspiration that he had great. I might be one of few who'd appreciate this kind of teaching but still, wouldn't some really in depth info in class be neat sometimes?
Second i think that way to many aikido practitioners have no clue what so ever about it's origin. I mean hey we've got this great little white bearded japanese fellow who turned the principle of loving your neighbour into an ART efter a lot of struggling and pain on his behalf. Shouldn't studying his art give us at least a hint why he created it and how HE taught his principles the relatively short period of time this great old man was at humanity's disposal even if he did use religous metaphores to do so?

Just a thought

Jasper