Thread: Aiki-Boxing
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 10:50 AM   #281
mazhar dardari
Dojo: Aikido Dardari Ryu Academy (Bushido)
Syria
Re: Aiki-Boxing

Quote:
William Hazen wrote: View Post
Cool Sensei I understand.

Look into Shoji Nishio Shihan...Nishio Sensei's had over 60 years of Martial practice before he passed away in 2005. In the late 1950's With O'Sensei's blessing... He threw out the Hombu Style techniques and incorporated His Judo, Karate, Iaido, and Jodo experiance to create an innovative style of Aikido based on the sword. His only criteria of his Aikido and other styles "For Aikido to be Budo (A real Martial Art) It must be effective against other Martial Arts Otherwise you're just dancing"...

Some folks here think innovation with Aikido started when the birth of the internet. For over 60 years now there are a number of dedicated Yudansha and Shihan in many different flavors of Aikido that continue to innovate and follow O'Sensei's path. Aikido's Innovative Shihan's didn't start changing and making Aikido more effective in the 1990's with the birth of MMA. They have been doing it for decades.

Nishio Shihan left behind a huge following in Europe and if you get the chance to travel I hope you can get to one of our seminars in Russia, Denmark, Czech Republic, Sweden, Germany, or Finland.

Hopefully on the near future The spirit of Aikido will allow you to travel here (Or folks to travel there) to share your love of our Art.

Peace and Blessings.

William Hazen
Perhaps I have time to go to Belgium and I will try to attend some seminars, with all respect william.

Peace and Blessings.
Mazhar Al-Dardari