View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 10:16 AM   #1
Victoria Pitt
Dojo: Shinjinkai, Chicago, IL
United_States
Disgust I can't seem to keep my clothes on!

Yes, laugh if you must. I try keep everything in place, however it is really frustrating to me.

I have a hard time keeping my gi on. My belt is always coming untied or I can feel my pants starting to fall off! It seems funny when you're talking about it but when your in the middle of a seminar practicing breakfalls, trying to be all suave and pull your pants up so no one notices every time you're rolling on your back, it can be a tad stressful! Last week during weapons (of course when I was the one counting) my belt flew off and here I am with an open gi (I learned to wear a tank top at all times after my second class so I was still modest!). I finished my counting then ran to the edge of the mat to sort myself out (which then only lasted for 10 more mins before my belt started to go again).

I cannot for the life of me figure out why my gi won't stay on right when everyone else's seems to be fine. Am I missing some trick to this? I have asked people in the dojo and they just think its funny. Maybe that is why I am not catching on... I'm always too worried if my pants are going to stay up! It's beyond annoying.

And yes, we discussed suspenders but I realized that I might get shoulder burns!

(now you all know the reason why I want to rank enough to get a hakima... not to say I'm super Aikido woman but in case my pants fall down, no one will see!)

~Do one thing each day that scares you...~