View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 12:58 PM   #7
Aikibu
Dojo: West Wind Dojo Santa Monica California
United_States
Re: Seiseki Abe Sensei video....whats going on here?

Quote:
Jason Mayo wrote: View Post
I'm assuming by the tone of your reply that your real question is "do you really have an interest in Aikido, or are you just starting another aiki bash session?"

Yes I used to take Aikido but I dont any longer. And no, this isnt a bash session... I guess my real question, as I said in my other reply, would be is it serious or not? I was confused so I wanted some opinions (also, I dont speak japanese, so that would be helpful to me too).

As far as it looking "dodgy", like I said (in my other reply that hasnt posted yet, sorry!), if its a performance, thats one thing. But the others viewing the clip on youtube seem to take it seriously. As we all know, people in every dojo fall down because they think the are supposed to.Im just saying if it is supposed to be real, then were moving into dodgy territory for that reason.

Ive been thinking about this for a while, and this site seems to have a variety of opinions, so i asked the question here to try to see what others think.
Sorry Jason but I am not assuming anything which is why I asked.

I watched the video and have seen the other and my opinion is to let other people have their opinion.

William Hazen