View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 02:04 PM   #29
"What Do I Know"
IP Hash: c318c485
Anonymous User
Re: The purpose of Aikido?

I just read the reply from the gentleman who started the thread. I want to comment that no matter where you live or what you do, or where you find yourself the reality is this:

If you are so scared of being attacked, get a gun, know the gun laws of your state, get the permits, and get the professional training to go with it. Don't go ghetto and learn it half-assed, like some fool. Don't waste any more of your time or money in any martial art, from Aikido to MMA. The fact is Aikido will fail you, MMA will fail you unless the prep is a complete untrained fool. Keep in mind there are thousands of people taking MMA, and many places have a pit-bull mentality and don't give a damn what punk they teach. Both Aikido and MMA have the same flaw they can't stop a bullet. They can't take a gun away at 6 ft or greater from the hands of some drugged up punk wanting to deliver some respect.

If you are that scared of being hurt, and lack the confidence to avoid a dangerous environment or confrontation then get a gun, get the papers, and understand the law. Stop playing with MMA or other martial arts not designed to deal with real deadly street conflict, or not designed to deal with high stress situations. Go and properly get prepared and the right training. A firemen isn't trained in plumbing to put fires out.