View Single Post
Old 05-19-2014, 06:02 PM   #35
sakumeikan
Dojo: Sakumeikan N.E. Aikkai .Newcastle upon Tyne.
United Kingdom
Re: YouTube: Kanaya Hirotaka Shihan

Quote:
Carsten Möllering wrote: View Post
There are some teachers around who could help you answer your question. Yamashima sensei, Endô sensei or Ikeda sensei e.g., all visit Europe on a regular base so you might be able to grab one of them.

But as far as I know, this guy has a profound background in Iwama ryű and used to practice with the late Saito sensei? So maybe first you should find some qualified teacher of Iwama ryű to work on the basics for some years ...

Looks familiar.
Dear Carsten,Your suggestion that I should seek out an Iwama Ryu instructor to help me learn the basics for a few years is advice well meant by your goodself. However I have trained under Shihan like Shibata, Murashige, Kanai,Tamura,Miyamoto , Kanetsuka, Yamaguchi , and other Shihan such asJuba Nour Bill Smith, Tony Cassells, Chris Mooney , Mike Flynn,Terry Ezra, GordonJones.etc .You might know a few of these sensei???My main teacher over the last 4 decades has been Chiba Sensei.Thanks for your advice , however as I am a 6th Dan Shihan,[not self promoted by the way ]I think I will give your suggestion a miss thank you very much.Cheers, Joe.