Thread: Shiko Training
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 08:11 PM   #72
thisisnotreal

Re: Shiko Training

Quote:
Mike Sigman wrote: View Post
Well, I did "throw a bone". I published the pertinent drawing relating to the muscle-tendon channels of the body that relate to "ki strength" and how it is conveyed through the body, connected/controlled at the dantien/hara (the unlabeled arrow), and so forth. The basic muscle-tendon channel configurations are what its all about, down to the finest detail. Remember, I said that once you grab a portion of this logic involving ki and movement, the rest inexorably follows. In fact, it gets quite complex, the whole theory of movement, and it involves not only the main dantien/hara/one-point, but also the secondary dantiens at the chest and at the perineum.

The "X" theory is the part that needs some explication. I.e., "how does it work?". Sure, we can pull from side to side, up to down, etc., (the topic can get very complex), but the devil is in the details. What superficially sounds like a good explanation can fall down when examined in light of the traditional and very practical views (and which were worked out in minute detail centuries ago). Ultimately, if the "cross" thing isn't straightened out, it's going to lead to problems of fact and function. In my opinion, the traditional view is extremely precise and correct (so does Thomas Myers in "Anatomy Trains" think its accurate, obviously).... and ultimately the coordination for "ki strength", for "spiralling", for the use of "fascia", and so on is going to need the accuracy of the traditional "cross". So if there's a case for an actual "X", I'm anxiously waiting to hear it.

FWIW

Mike
Interesting.
I don't know the answer.
On a naive level; isn't the mere virtue of the existence and presence of the dantien mean that there is a nexus; or virtual cross there?

Could you give an explicit, perhaps simplified, example of the kind of conundrum this will lead to in form and function?
Josh

p.s. you wrote
Quote:
(the topic can get very complex)
I expect no less. The body is terrifyingly complex. Would that we could engineer something like that. Look how hard it is to *use* nevermind make.