View Single Post
Old 03-09-2002, 05:57 PM   #1
Kenny

Dojo: City Aikido
Outlook email virus pretending to be from bujin

If you have not ordered something from Bujin recently be careful with messages from orders@bujindesign.com.

I have just received a virus in a forged email message that appeared to be from orders@bujindesign.com. It was sent to an email address that I never send email from but has appeared on a few of my web pages.

I do not think it is coincidence that they choose use Bujin as a forged sending address when sending to @aikido.com these people appear to have done some research and will probably target others with the same technique.

The email headers showed the message to actually be from
: from eos.telenet-ops.be (195.130.132.40) by email.aikido.com with SMTP; 9 Mar 2002 21:41:48 -0000
which is a Belgian ISP. I have notified Bujin and the Belgian ISP but I wanted to warn Aikidoka and this seemed the best way to get the word out.

The subject line said congratulations but of course that could change with each message that goes out.

If you are using an unpatched version of M$oft Outlook your computer may be susceptible to this virus.

My personal favorite Windows anti-virus software is available from Trend Micro at http://antivirus.com but I don't really do Windows!