Old 11-21-2007, 01:34 AM   #12
Amir Krause
Dojo: Shirokan Dojo / Tel Aviv Israel
Israel
Re: Did I create a new counter?

Quote:
Shany Golan wrote: View Post

Amir,
hmm, if me and you were to stand infront of each other,in gyaku hanmi position.
1. your right foot is infront, and my left foot is infront
2. your right hand 'waits' for the attaker
3. i grasp your right hand with my left hand
4. i attack your stomech with my right hand (punch/knife)
5. you block with your left hand (throwing my punch inward) - from your point of view, that would be to the right
6. you are going into irimi-nage
7. with my hand that you just blocked me, i blow and attack into your ribs
8.with my left hand (that is grasping your right wrist), i move it down into sankyo position
9. move my right hand into the sankyo grip and perform sankyo.
Thanks for the detailed explanation. I think I understood the situation now, and your Keashi waza. Thanks

For me, it does seem new, or rather, of the type of things I would not bother remembering afterwards (If I ever did something like that during Randori). Simply because Uke response in this case seems extremely limited and impractical to me:
a) I did not get from your description any Kuzushi from Uke, nor any attempt to blend, nor move out of the line of the attack? He blocked your hand once – you can simply strike him again (A knife opens more options).
b) Uke let you remain in control of the hand? No wrist manipulation to turn the tables?
c) I would not try to Irimi-Nage a stable person going inwards, with a hand he has control over. If he is only as strong as me, I would be unlikely to succeed.

Each of these steps would have made your response much more difficult.

Of course, I might still not grasp your explanation (in my case, I might even come over and see, someday, instead of a video).

In any case, Kudus and compliments for responding in time, and intuitively, to Uke failure. That is not a simple step to go over (you did not write how long you have been training).

Amir