View Single Post
Old 02-26-2007, 02:25 PM   #735
DH
United_States
Re: Baseline skillset

Quote:
Kevin Leavitt wrote: View Post
Yea Dan, maybe, one day...I will finally get to one on one with the likes of you too!
Your taking the heat pretty good!
I'd like to clarify that again, I have no issue with what you are training even though it sometimes sounds like it.

Just a few things on perspective and realitive weight of it. Which I consider to be very important.
I almost never get mad, Kevin. Those who don't know this stuff get frustrated and for good reason. Those who do- simply understand.

On a pure fighting level you and I both know that banging and rolling is its own reward. Why I say I argue on two fronts. But you need to separate the two to train it, then join them together. It's what I said to Rob. "Without fighting experience- its tough to convince someone like me of the value." Its why I show it to fighters as a separate skill set. I tell them "You lift, you run, right? All in order to build your body. This will build-YOUR- body in a different way that you can use to enhance YOUR skill set." Otherwise, if they're like I was- they won't listen. They will judge all you know, by your ability to defeat them. Its kind of nonsensical of course. Its like looking at a BJJ or Judo guy whom you can defeat then discounitng BJJ or Judo. On the other hand when I handle them they think its all skill. So its a bit of a chess discussion. Its a very powerful skill set, but as we know MMA is a both great teacher and a great equalizer.
Thanks for the taking "the heat well" comment. Many here have at least acknowledged that. I take the heat well for some very simple reasons.
Cheers
Dan

Last edited by DH : 02-26-2007 at 02:32 PM.