Old 02-16-2010, 02:22 PM   #80
gregstec
Dojo: Aiki Kurabu
United_States
Re: What is Ki?

Quote:
Josh Phillipson wrote: View Post
sorry. just venting. try again?
...well, since were' talking about this ( ) anyway, and since everyone's getting along so well...I thought I'd post this .pdf I found on my web travels. It's sure to bring harmony to everyone's views. NOT!! Here is someone's attempt at discussing Ki (/Internal Energy) from an atypical (i.e. unabashedly Christian) viewpoint. Here<. Maybe it's interesting. (/maybe not). Was to me. Don't read it if you're easily offended. If you do, and you are, well...maybe, just take it as another of the many datapoints out there.

Something certainly interesting in any explanation of that word (Ki) is that it always tends to bleed outside of any boundaries that we want to put on it.
No matter the culture, or the context...it seems that the 'framework' or worldview invoked to discuss ki ..... expands.. and often without bounds. Whether Eastern or 'Western'.... and I think that's cause it ('ki') touches on aspects of what life itself is.
That's what I think. You?
Discussions about Ki, religion, and politics are best conducted among people of like minds - outside that environment, all you have are one sided conversations where people only listen to themselves

Greg

Last edited by gregstec : 02-16-2010 at 02:35 PM.