View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 03:38 PM   #57
Erick Mead

Dojo: Big Green Drum (W. Florida Aikikai)
United_States
Re: Can a dualist find success in Aikido?

Quote:
Tony Sova wrote: View Post
Ironically the purpose and intent of the original thread had nothing to do with theology.
?????

Quote:
Tony Sova wrote: View Post
I am a dualist and as such I see two opposing forces of nature operating within the world, those of Light and of Darkness and never twain shall the two meet. Organic Nature is in and of itself harsh, cruel, chaotic, competitive, self-serving and merciless. This is Darkness. Most Martial Arts reflect these inferior qualities and the organic consciousness of the individuals that created them. ... The Spirit is Light and according to my understanding Aikido appears to be characteristically aligned with the principles of Light. This brings a question to mind: can I as a dualist find success in Aikido when I aspire to separate myself from rather than becoming one with a world that is malign in nature?
What part of the original post, exactly, was NOT theological?? -- I mean, apart from the definite and indefinite articles, the prepositions, and the punctuation. Oh, and the word "twain." Twain would not have appreciated being associated with anything remotely theological.

Cordially,

Erick Mead
一隻狗可久里馬房但他也不是馬的.