View Single Post
Old 08-07-2002, 12:57 AM   #1
javnitro
Dead The worst class ever!

Hi everyone,

I'm a new student with almost two months of practicing.Since I was the only beginner, basically, I have been practicing by myself, but yesterday a new student came and we began practicing together.
So, the Sempai began to teach us some movements. The problem is that of the hour he was with us, he used 45 minutes to talk and talk and talk and talk and talk about Aikido and things related, but basically pointless stuff; the other 15 minutes we just did some basic moves and that was it.
Then, the next hour, the new student and me were practicing. It results that the new student is a black belt in Tae Kwon Do, and not only that, he also teaches this martial art. So, he began to lecture me about how to do the movements, even though he has never practice Aikido in his life. He kept pointing everything that I was doing wrong.
I don't know how to address this. In the first case, I think that if I am there is for training with my body; I don't mind having explanations, but I would like them to be shorter.
In the second case, the guy has to realize that it's not his class.
The problem is that I don't want to go to the Sensei and be the little brat that complaints for everything; and I also don't want to make enemies.
Some suggestions?
thanks