View Single Post
Old 12-23-2006, 02:26 PM   #240
statisticool
United_States
Re: How to teach and train relaxation

Quote:
Mike Sigman wrote:
I've demonstrated these things a great number of times and sometimes to professional physiologists, kinesiologists, doctors, etc. One of the things I can do, none of us can fully explain, but it's something I was taught how to do and I essentially only follow the mechanics to get there.
You or the unnamed others not being able to explain it doesn't mean therefore it is some incredible skill, it just means you and the unnamed others are not able to explain it. You're basically admitting an argument from ignorance, that you don't understand the physics therefore it must be beyond others.

Can you share this skill with us? Just what is it (maybe post a video), and who are these people that cannot explain it? Perhaps some of us around here could figure it out..

Quote:
The problem is that they're skills that take training and practice... out of the ordinary use of body mechanics... Justin doesn't have these skills, so he can't conceive of them and he thinks the way to get someone to show him is to be challenging and personally offensive.
Suggesting that one spars at an MMA gym is offensive? Well, only to someone that doesn't spar, I guess.

Considering that these skills are claimed to take years to train, no one apparently can use them in full contact and resistance sparring (ie. in real life self defense uses of a martial art), only doing fixed applications, and they are probably being talked about poetically by romanticizing normal movement and physics, they aren't really as interesting as claimed, at least the variety that some expound on.

A secret of internal strength?:
"Let your weight from the crotch area BE in his hands."