View Single Post
Old 08-07-2002, 01:30 AM   #4
memyselfandi
I understand you're resentment, but the truth is that you really should at least listen to what this guy has to say (unless told otherwise by the sensei).

I have yet to start Aikido, but I have been in a situation while watching a class where I noticed that one of the students was having a problem with his technique. Because the sensei was working with someone else he spoke with his partner about his problem but discovered that he too was having difficulties. I, figuring that I was only their to watch, didn't say anything but having some (though not very much...about a months worth ) prior MA experience I was able to discern what his problem was as the technique was very similar to something that I had learned in another martial art. When the sensei came to help, he told him the very same thing I would have.

It might also be helpful to have someone else compare your technique to the sensei's as one cannot always tell if they are doing something wrong by themself.(mirrors can also help )

Well, that's just my $.02

PS - If neither of these are applicable in this situation, please feel free to ignore me