View Single Post
Old 01-24-2007, 02:32 PM   #18
jason jordan

Dojo: Dallas Aikikai/ Southlake Aikikai
United_States
Re: independent dojo/switching affiliations

Hello to all. after reading this post I feel that it is time to introduce you to Sensei Michael Moreno 6th dan Aikikai.

Sensei Moreno or "Papa" as I call him is by far one of the most experienced teachers we have in the states. He and his father the late Miguel Segura Moreno Shihan 7th dan were responsible for bringing Aikido to Mexico. Sensei began his training at Honbu dojo in the 70's and is a "legitimate" student of Ni-dai doshu and of course many other shihan there at hombu. Sensei Moreno has a very- deep knowledge of aikido and this is evident in his instruction and his lifestyle. Never in my "short" but adventurous (10yrs) career as an aikidoist have I met a teacher that is as kind, POWERFUL, and humble as he.

Sensei Moreno is President of the United States Aikido Association and has an opened the doors of this association to all who are looking for quality aikido training, and SUPPORT.
The association is the"Bigg man for the little man" what I mean by that is this....

As we all know "some"-politics have crept into the aikido world particularly in the western parts, this is to be expected; however Sensei Morenos' concern is that those who really desire to grow in the art of Aikido have the support to do so. The website for the U.S.A.A. is almost complete which will give more information but please feel free to contact me at www.jason@southlakeaikikai.com
or http://dallasaikikai.com/

His heart is simply to spread true Aikido which is about "Power, love, and unity"

And for those who really want to know....He is known for Instruction and having lots of power.

This is just a lill clip we put together on youtube hope you enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sYajkwr6HU

And also before I go. We are inviting everyone to a seminar at Plano Aikikai in Plano Tx in March featuring Michael Moreno 6th dan. I will post all the details tommorrow

The seminar will be from Fri-Sun followed by testing.

Hope to see you there. Jun if you are reading this, I especially want to extend an invite to you. Contact me when you can.

God bless everyone