View Single Post
Old 08-25-2006, 12:02 AM   #8
"Wapus"
IP Hash: 99b52815
Anonymous User
Wink Re: Changes: Into the second decade

I don't know why everyone else practises, but I began with the intention of integrating my body into the rest of my life. I wanted to bring my body up to speed and live through it, since it is my vessel. I was in my mid-twenties. Almost ten years later, I am doing ok as far as my initial goals go and still love practice. But I don't know that in 10 years my goals will be the same! I have made so much progress, and while I enjoy Aikido, maybe there will be a point where my interest will diminish. I am not as hyperactive now as I was 20 years ago, or even 10 years ago, and maybe I'll mellow further with time till the moss covers me over in the corner of the garden. That wouldn't be so bad! More probably though, maybe my state of vigor will change so that I'll be more interested in applying the things my body and mind have learned in Aikido to some other sort of physical activity, like riding a horse from here to Argentina or some crazy thing. And I'll practice just when I feel like it and not because of some weird sense of duty that actually betrays me, the person whose life I am living. I don't think this is heresy.

You know what I mean?