View Single Post
Old 01-01-2008, 09:59 AM   #29
Jorge Garcia
Dojo: Shudokan School of Aikido
Re: I'm Leaving Aikido

Quote:
Don Magee wrote: View Post
After reading this again, I noticed a few more things that bother me about this. SO, I'm going to point them out (slow day here)

The video you post below has the exact same kind of training in it. The exact same kind of techniques. How is the training method different?

If you still only 'feel' you can do something, your training methods are still lacking. I know exactly what I am capable of in any given situation. This is a common problem with the types of training you are seeking out, and why I stopped training krav maga. 'Feeling' is not good enough.

After watching that video, I fail to see how it is any different than the aikido I was taught. Except for they didn't wear gi.
I agree with Don.

That Krav looked like most of the Aikido on You Tube. While Aikido may not be for the original poster, I think that the rare more effective Aikido would work as well as most things but in his case, he sounds super dependent on an art to teach him. He's the one who has to bring the goods to the fight. If he couldn't do it with Aikido, I don't think he'll be able to do it with anything else either. There is no superior martial systems - believing in that is his problem. There are just superior martial artists.

Best,
Jorge

Last edited by Jorge Garcia : 01-01-2008 at 10:03 AM. Reason: It sounded like I was talking to Don but I was talking to the original poster.

"It is the philosophy that gives meaning to the method of training."