View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008, 08:08 PM   #75
Buck
United_States
Re: Hell Hath No Fury Like A Woman Scorned: Threads About Women In Aikido

Quote:
Anne Marie Giri wrote: View Post
Ummmm, Buck, I disagree with your assertion that women who practice aikido have personal issues or reasons and somehow that is the "answer" to the "woman issue" in aikido.
Ahhh... Anne Marie (deep sigh) no, no, no, you got it all wrong.

Quote:
Because if there are any personal issues they are not different from a man's experience. And we enter the dojo and continue our train for similar reasons as men. And men, too, have personal issues as well.
Ohhh...Anne Marie, I can't say it again or any other way. It is about getting past barriers for solving problems in different ways in the dojo that women can internally relate to. It's not about women vs. men. Why are so many hung up on that. I can't wrap my mind around it. Am I caught in some kind of nightmare!

Quote:
The answer is not to teach aikido in a way that some how addresses women's personal issues. The answer is not to water down aikido in some form of AikiAerobics. The answer is to simply treat us, like everyone else on the mat, with dignity and respect. I already said that 99.5% of the time we are treated with respect so why do you bring up the whole pecking order nonsense? (Confused Smiley )

I feel like I'm in a rocking chair.
I guess, I feel like am on a Vertigo rollercoaster.

Last edited by Buck : 06-17-2008 at 08:15 PM.