View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 06:32 AM   #19
Enrique Antonio Reyes
Dojo: Yuugou Aikido Kaisho
Philippines
Re: injuries!

Quote:
Jonathan Hay wrote: View Post
I was doing that crouch-down-and-take-the-legs technique (its Japanese name escapes me) and the fellow I was doing it to didn't expect it. When his toes smacked full force into my knee, the two middle toes dislocated at awful angles and the skin between them tore back about and inch or so. Ugh! What a sight!

My worst injury I received from a shihan who applied nikyo so fiercely to my wrist that it made a loud cracking sound. He must have thought it had broken because he let go immediately. Anyway, it swelled up and stayed that way for quite a while. Even three months later it was still very sensitive and somewhat swollen. I don't believe it was actually broken, though I do think my tendons may have torn.

Oh, I also got a tanto shoved into my eye. It went in so far I thought my eyeball was gonna' pop out! Went to emergency where they told me my eyeball had been "scraped." It turned this ghastly blood-red color and was blurry for a few days.

Fun and games, fun and games...
If you have undergone an x-ray you would have found out that you indeed broke your hand. Most probably a spiral fracture on the metacarpals. Same thing happened to me.

A friend of mine broke his neck and was and still is paralyzed from the neck down