View Single Post
Old 05-24-2006, 03:09 PM   #11
senshincenter

Dojo: Senshin Center
United_States
Re: Article: A Re-transliteration of Osensei's "Kannagara no Jutsu" by "The Grindstone"

Hi All,

Erick and George, I think you grasped what I was trying to do perfectly.

Erick, I couldn't agree with you more - especially concerning the next step to make now that this one has been made. If we could ever get our hands on the original text (remembering that Osensei was speaking this lecture), I'd love to collaborate with you on translating it.

George, I'm right there with you on everything you said, especially the part about how this all relates to what Systema is doing. My own practice, particularly within spontaneous training environments (which coincidentally is both how Systema and Osensei demonstrates), has always felt like a moving prayer - on top of finding such thoughts and words on my mind and upon my lips as well. It's the first time I've ever heard of such things elsewhere.

Chhi'mèd, again, an important post. Thanks for making it. I think you've brought up several points that need to be addressed - this though I can say that Erick has aptly replied. I would like to also reply, because I want to use what you said to discuss what I consider to be the whole point of this column. I am having to write that reply between classes today, so I am looking to get it up on here by this evening or by tomorrow at the latest. Again - thanks for posting. Good job.

Take care all, talk more later,
dmv

David M. Valadez
Visit our web site for articles and videos. Senshin Center - A Place for Traditional Martial Arts in Santa Barbara.