View Single Post
Old 12-18-2004, 10:24 PM   #111
spinecracker

United_States
Re: Aikido and being Christian

I have had an opportunity to read all the threads under the heading 'Aikido and being Christian', and I thank God that there are other Christians who enjoy training in aikido (and other martial arts) as much as I do (if not more). My knowledge of the Bible is not as good as it should be (I have been a born-again Christian for the past 2 1/2 years), and I thank the posters in this forum for the scriptures stated, and the interpretations given (even though I think some may have been taken out of context - I need to study the Bible more!). I will not make any comment regarding the opinions of others stated on this thread, but I do urge those who have declared Christ Jesus as their Lord and Saviour to pray for guidance and wisdom, to pray for their training partners that they may also come to a true relationship with Christ Jesus, and to immerse themselves in the scripture of the Bible. Oh, and to pray for me - I'm going back to training in aikido (I did Tomiki ryu aikido many years ago, and now I'm starting Iwama ryu aikido in January), and I expect a right royal butt-kicking (figuratively speaking - more like butt-dropping from great height!).

Yours in Christ,

Spinecracker