View Single Post
Old 03-30-2001, 12:56 PM   #11
Guest5678
Bye...

No, I think it started out with good intentions, but like many threads, it drifted into some strange discussion on everything but the initial topic itself.

On a personal note Jim23, I really believe the more time you spend training in this art, the less you will rely on forums like this for your information and education. Good luck in your training, I really wish you all the best. Some advise given to my friend I'll now share with you: One must find their own Aikido, and that can only come from continuous practice, not by posting questions / issues to forums....

People new to Aikido will actually learn very little here besides others views. That is not the fault of the forum, just the nature of the art. Forums like this one really serve to confuse the beginner as everyones Aikido is as different as the individuals themselves.

I usually came here in hopes of reading legitimate posts from the really gifted senseis that drop in once in awhile, but that too has diminished to such a level that it's not worth checking in on anymore. I guess I'd just rather spend my time training.

Jun -

Good luck with this website. Your intentions and hard work maintaining this site are very commendable and I realize you cannot be held accountable for the "moronic" and repetitive posts that show up. I hope we meet up at a seminar some day, I think I'd really enjoy training with you. If you're ever in Orlando, please stop by the Shindai Aikikai, we'll have some fun attacking Hooker sensei and finding out just how much we don't know yet !

Good luck in all your future endeavors, budo and otherwise!

Daniel C. Pokorny
Associate Instructor - Iaijutsu
Shindai Aikikai
http://www.shindai.com