View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 04:13 AM   #11
Anita Dacanay
Dojo: Cleveland Aikikai, Cleveland, Ohio
United_States
Re: Looking for first hakama - help, please!

Wow, that is all very helpful, everyone. Thank you so much. Ashley, the hakama is for Aikido only. Thanks for your input on the Bu Jin cut; now I don't feel so bad about missing out. David, I looked at the Nine Circles stuff and it is very affordable. So I think I have a few good choices now. I just have to wait for my paycheck so that I can order one!

Thank you for the sizing info, Maggie. I was originally going to go for the size 24, because I am actually a little over 5'4" and my waist sits very high on my frame. I know everyone says to tie your belt below the waist, but in my experience if I don't tie it close to the smallest part of my waist, it just rides up there anyway as soon as I take a roll, and then my top falls open. In any event, now I'm thinking maybe I should get the 23, because apparently we are long lost twins as we have the same measurements! (I also have a 30" waist and I think we wear the same bra size, if I correctly recall a recent post about sports bras! lol)

I'll let you all know what I get and how I like it... and how long it takes for me to figure how to tie the darn thing.