View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 02:37 PM   #10
sakumeikan
Dojo: Sakumeikan N.E. Aikkai .Newcastle upon Tyne.
United Kingdom
Re: Help keeping my dogi paints up

Quote:
Sam Turnage wrote: View Post
Ok not sure if anyone can help me on this or not but, you know how the saying goes, "If you don't ask, you won't receive". For instance years ago I learned a different way to tie my belt that will not come undone. So just maybe there's a trick for this.

I need help keeping my Dogi pants up or tight. I have dealt with this problem for years but lately it's been driving me nuts or I'm just pain feed up with it.

First off it's not a physique issue, meaning I'm not a fat bastard, or it's not the fact that I have a beer gut and a flat ass or something like that. I have an average build, thin and athletic etc.

This is what I do and what I see happening:
I suck my gut in a bit and tie the pants as tight as I can like you would tie your shoes. Later after training for a bit it becomes annoyingly very loose. When I look at it to retie the knot, the knot itself is still in tacked but the string has stretched like 2" or more and is now very loose; my son has the same problem. Many other people seem to have this problem but mine seems worse.
Dear Sam,
Why not have a chat with Ramos Sensei about the problem?I am sure she will give you good info.
While you hopefully speak to her tell Ramos Sensei [Cecilia] I send her my best regards,
Cheers, Joe.