View Single Post
Old 11-23-2013, 12:23 AM   #397
Kevin Leavitt

Dojo: Team Combat USA
United_States
Re: What technique would you apply to neutralize Brazilian Jujitsu attacker

Bill Wrote:

Quote:
O Sensei wanted no competition in his training, but it's not right to send people out into the world untested, with the impression that they are prepared.
I think it depends on what you are looking for. There are those that care about this and those that don't. I think there are many good reasons to train.

Quote:
I like what I'm learning, and I can do it for another 25 years, which I couldn't do with MMA or really even Judo successfully. Maybe I just don't want to work out that hard any more. So I will keep plotting to strip Yoshinkan Aikido down into hack Ju Jitsu through the week, but I think my workshop money is going to tactical CQC training from here out. I am not going to have a physical advantage over many people at 48, so I need to know what I'm doing, now more than ever.
lol...the problem we all face! I don't train like I did 10 years ago. I think you have to train appropriately and wisely. You only have a punch card with so many break falls on it. How many do you really need to do after you master that? I don't think it has to do with wanting to work out as hard as you begin to see the futility.