View Single Post
Old 06-20-2008, 08:50 AM   #8
Enrique Antonio Reyes
Dojo: Yuugou Aikido Kaisho
Philippines
Lightbulb Re: was on a roll, now I have to rest and watch sun sets ...

Quote:
Maiko Langelaar wrote: View Post
Just when things were going really great, 1 year & 4 months of great aikikai training, then bang - I am forced to stop. And I was just getting into the high falls

Nuclear bone scan says there is *some* uptake in the symphysis pubis. Sports doctor says my hip adductors are strained. I am told
to rest and watch the sun sets for the rest of the summer. It's already been over 3 months of rest (no running, no aikido, etc),
and the recovery is just taking it's sweet time

I'm almost devastated. I hate this. Having two boys (9 and 11) around constantly asking to play catch or throw the ball (which really is not that bad) does not help the recovery period any,
and of course you can't just say NO to them every day. I mean
that stuff is important to them (and me too), so I just go along
with it, trying not to lunge or jump or anything like that.

Today I get to see what my MRI from a few weeks ago says.

Oh joy ! I can hardly wait

But I guess I should not complain, after hearing about people being out of action for over a year or more due to back pain or other injuries.

The worst part seems after I wake up, if I try to roll over or get up one leg at a time, it's the worse then, but then calms down over the course of the next few hours. I've found sleeping with a pillow between the legs is helping big time in the recovery.

Anyways ... just venting .... My neighbour told me he had an injury like that 15 years ago (snow boarding) and it took 2 years for the effects of the injuy to finally not be noticed anymore ... Sob !!!

Greetings from Maiko in Winnipeg (Winnipeg Aikikai)

* turning the big 43 next month

http://www.langelaar.net
Hi there my Aiki Friend. I had this dojo mate once who loves to practice randori till he's dead tired. One time he was so tired that he was not able to do proper ukemi. He fell on his head and broke a part of his spine. He's been paralyzed from the neck down for about 15 years now...take it easy...things will eventually be better.

Sincerely,

Iking