View Single Post
Old 08-23-2017, 05:00 AM   #49
Carsten Möllering

Dojo: Hildesheimer Aikido Verein
Germany
Re:

Quote:
Maciej Jesmanowicz wrote: View Post
And that the fight should be avoided, if it is possible, is not a philosophy, only a phrase.
In case oft the katori shintô ryû this philosophy has been made tangible through the policy of the ryû. I.e. not binding the ryû to a clan or familiy and figthing for them. And also through prohibiting pracitioners of the ryû to engage in duels or fights.

Quote:
Are you still in doubt?
I am sorry, but I have to admit, that I don't get your point.

In my experience the practice of aikidô and katori shintô ryû are very closely knit together. So I'm not able to relate to your understanding of aikidô and katori shintô ryû being fundamentally different. It is simply my experience that they are not.

Your question about "the body or the pracitioner becoming a weapon" doesn't make sense to me: Using a sword you cut the attacker. Using your hands you hurt him with your body parts. The latter is true for the yawara of the katori shintô ryû as it is for aikidô. On the other hand you practice tai sabaki in aikidô, and in katori shintô ryû tai sabaki is the base of all the weapons work.

[quote=Maciej Jesmanowicz;351979]We will always do in the dojo what the child sees ... [/QUOTEWhen asked what they see in my keiko, children often answer: "People are laughing a lot." ...